26 January, 2011

Maybe I'm Too Sensitive...?

This is kinda hard to explain and maybe I shouldn't get so upset about this but at my work I was very excited to move into a new department, the cosmetic department (yay! ^.^), now I understand that I'm a novice since I've only been working there for almost a year, but don't get me wrong I'm a great worker. So, I'm about to go to the department and all of sudden this woman I work with starts screaming at me. She was like I don't want you in this department. You're no good. But I'm like, "The manager said that I could work in this department." And then the woman was like, "I don't care who said you could come here. You're a beginner. You're useless." And then my manager wouldn't let me into the comestic department. :'( The woman continued to yell at me even more. She was calling me all these names and stuff, saying that me going into that department wasn't right. And maybe I expected too much but I thought my manager would back me up. Instead he betrays me and agrees with her. I felt like she was beating me up with just her mouth. She hit me at my weak spot, she said, "I don't know anything about the department b/c I'm kinda new." I tried to act civil. I'm like, "It's ok. I understand." Secretly, I could feel the tears harden behind my eyes. And my chest tightened. So, this other person got put in the cosmetic department. I can kinda understand her but she didn't have to scream at me and freak out like she was possessed. And sadly...I think it really hurt my feelings. I felt like a glass that shattered all over the floor--crushed. I can't be an expert if you don't teach me. Or maybe I'm just pathetic to be upset over something so trivil. It was just so unexpected.

I told my friends about it, and they thought it was horrible. But I never mentioned to anyone that after holding back my tears at work and becoming overly defensive with customers that I cried when I got home. The manager knew that I was really upset when he'd catch me staring off lost in thought. And the woman embarrassed me b/c when she shrieked and stuff, almost all the other employees were near us. I was humiliated, degraded and underestimated. But I feel like that often since >I've been there almost a year but haven't been trained in any other department than the one I started in while everyone else has been trained in all departments. And when I ask to be trained, the managers blow me off nicely. And even now as I write this I'm just so angry. I was really looking forward to working in cosmetics. Sadly, right now I'm crying, letting the tears blur my vision, so since I can barely see the text...I'll stop writing.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sweetie, I'm so sorry. :( That sounds terrible. They don't deserve an employee as good as you if they're just going to treat you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, ignore them, they are just being bad people, don't let them treat you like that! I love you <333

    ReplyDelete